Harvest Combined School is an Independent school founded and owned by the Doulos Trust, a registered Non-Profit Organization. It began in 1993 as a result of the needs identified in the community, and serves the previously disadvantaged. The school is located in Ladysmith, KwaZulu-Natal, on premises rented by the Trust from the Department of Education. Harvest Combined School is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and accredited with Umalusi.
In 1993, the Doulos Trust owned a primary school, called Ladysmith Christian School, and cared for learners from grades 1 - 7. One morning a number of high school students arrived at the door to the school, desperate for an education. Through of number of prophetic words, the school was started just months before the Matric students had to write their Trial examinations. The school has since grown and changed over the years, yet the ethos of the school has stayed the same:
- Work Hard
- Be Nice
Harvest exists to provide a nurturing environment offering quality education, supported by a strong foundation of Christian values, in partnership with parents, equipping students to become leaders to serve God, their families, and to positively impact their communities and the world.
- Support the Christian philosophy and policies of the school.
- Delegate authority to the school for the education of their children.
- Are viewed as uniquely gifted with God-given talent to achieve their God-intended purposes.
- Are willing to give the Christian faith a “fair hearing”.
- Serve as loving Christian role models that guide learners through positive relationships.
- Are called and gifted by God’s Spirit to teach.
- Are professionally prepared.
- Remain life-long learners.
- View parents as the primary educators of their children under God.
- Pray regularly for and with their students.